Tonawanda News — Free breast cancer screenings will be offered to uninsured women during October, which is recognized nationally as Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Free mammograms are for uninsured women ages 40 to 64 years old. Appointments are required and can be made by calling the county health department's Cancer Services Program at 278-8285.
Screenings are scheduled at every hospital in Niagara County. The schedule is:
• DeGraff Memorial Hospital, 445 Tremont St., North Tonawanda, 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 13.
• Mount St. Mary's Hospital, 5300 Military Road, Lewiston, 8 a.m. to noon Oct. 20.
• Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, Summit Healthplex, 6934 Williams Road, 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 27.
• Eastern Niagara Hospital, Lockport Imaging Center, 150 Professional Parkway, 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
• Eastern Niagara Hospital, Newfane site, 2600 William St., 1 to 4 p.m. Oct. 17.
Women who are unable to attend one of these scheduled screenings can arrange an alternate screening date by calling the Cancer Services Program.